List of Virtues
Franklin's virtue are a good place to start but, as I move through them myself, I adjust and update them according to how my desires and goals.
Below are my edicts for each virtue and the initial discussion for how I arrived at each.
December 28th - January 3rd
- no alcohol on an empty stomach
- and no more than one, measured drink (4oz wine or 1oz whisky or 3oz port)
- stop eating before feeling full
January 4th - January 10th
- Listen to understand in all interaction..
- Speak less; do not seek to fill the silence
- Do not derogate, gossip, or villify others for my own satisfaction.
January 11th - January 17rd
- Clean rooms as you leave them.
- Maintain and keep sorted your Bunny Rope processed materials.
January 18th - January 24th
- Complete the tasks you lay out for yourself in the day.
- Make promises you can keep and do your utmost to keep them.
January 25th - February 1st
- Define the need for each little expense - is the benefit greater than the expense?
- Before you buy something, consider existing tools to accomplish the task. If this one offers no benefit, in time or ease of use, is it worth it?
- Save first.
February 1st - February 7th
- Be engaged in what you're doing.
- Reduce wasteful time beyond what is refreshing and relaxing.
February 8th - February 14th
- Be honest in thought, speech, and deed.
- Believe that people speak and act in their best interest.
- Where speech or action seems unjust, seek to understand motivation including your own.
February 15th - February 21st
- Understand that equality is not necessarily justice.
- Recognize the abilities and contributions of people to a given situation.
- Act justly according to circumstance and try to help others understand.
February 22nd - February 28th
- Avoid excess in thought and deed.
- Do not hold grudges nor belief of malign intent.
March 1st - March 7th
- Shower and prepare every day.
- Keep your space around clean and tidy.
- Leave the world a little cleaner than when you started.
March 8th - March 14th
- Be not disturbed by trifles.
- Step away when upset and breathe.
March 15th - March 21th
- Be honest and aware in your desire.
- Be direct in expressing you love.
- Do not fear your sex and sexuality.
March 22th - March 28th
- Recognize your true value.
- Be not boastful.
- Recognize self-aggrandizemnet and minimize it.